Table for Five
Mira (January 2012)
Published in 2005
- If you are the parent of minor children, are they provided for in your will? How did you
determine who will take care of them if something happens to you?
- Suppose an estranged husband and wife disagreed on who should raise their children if
something happened to both of them? How should the question be settled?
- What was behind Lily’s reluctance to engage in a long-term relationship and start a family
of her own?
- Did Sean initially strike you as good family man material? What traits did he possess that
ultimately transformed him?
- What did you think of Lily’s decision to give up her summer plans for the sake of the
children? Was it a no-brainer, or should she have debated the issue more?
- How did Cameron’s grief manifest itself in his behavior? What’s the best way to deal with
a teenager coping with Cameron’s issues?
- How would you react if you suddenly lost your best friend? Would you be willing and able
to raise her kids? In what ways would your life change if you suddenly found yourself with
three kids you hadn’t planned on?
- What was the key trouble with Charlie? Why, in the midst of her grief, did she start doing