That’s the working title of The You I Never Knew, in case you’re wondering. Finding the right title for a book is always tricky, and sometimes the results are just downright odd. The Bookseller Magazine awards the Diagram Prize for Oddest Book Title. Readers are encouraged to vote here.
The shortlist for the 2007 prize has been announced, with the winner to be announced on March 28. The nominees are:
- I Was Tortured By the Pygmy Love Queen – Jasper McCutcheon
- How to Write a How to Write Book – Brian Piddock
- Are Women Human? And Other International Dialogues – Catharine A. MacKinnon
- Cheese Problems Solved – P. L. H. McSweeney
- If You Want Closure in Your Relationship, Start with Your Legs – Big Boom
- People Who Mattered in Southend and Beyond: From King Canute to Dr Feelgood – Dee Gordon
Previous winners of the award include Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Nude Mice (1978), How to Shit in the Woods: An Environmentally Sound Approach to a Lost Art (1989), High Performance Stiffened Structures (2000), Living with Crazy Buttocks (2002). There’s a complete list here.