Who are the VIPs in publishing?
March 29, 2017
The Romance Writers of America just announcing the winners of this year’s Industry Awards. Congratulations to the recipients!
RWA Announces 2017 Award Recipients
Romance Writers of America is proud to announce the recipients of the 2017 RWA Awards:
- 2017 RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award: Beverly Jenkins
- 2017 RWA Emma Merritt Service Award: Cindy Kirk
- 2017 RWA Service Awards: Victoria Alexander, Anne Elizabeth, Lucy Farago, Diane Kelly, Terri Molina, and Sharon Sobel
- 2017 RWA Vivian Stephens Industry Award: Tina Dick, Editor in Chief, Walking in the Clouds
- 2017 RWA Cathie Linz Librarian of the Year: Danielle King, Alafaya Branch, Orange County Library System (Orlando, Florida)
- 2017 RWA Steffie Walker Bookseller of the Year: Bea and Leah Koch, The Ripped Bodice
- 2017 RWA Veritas Award: Thu-Huong Ha, "Maverick Women Writers are Upending the Book Industry and Selling Millions in the Process," Quartz
- 2017 RWA Academic Research Grants: (1) Dr. Ria Cheyne, “The Disability and Romance Project” and (2) Dr. Kate Brown, “Dukes, Dowers, Devises, and Demesnes: The Paradoxical Place of English Law in the Historical Romance”