July 10, 2009
What’s on your list? Mine is ever-changing, but here are a few of the latest and greatest. Reminder: books are free from your local library.
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. See my earlier post about the cover art on this one. It’s now a bestseller. 🙂
- South of Broad by Pat Conroy. I’m also a huge fan of his wife, Cassandra King, who is fun to hang out with at festivals.
- Lisa Tucker’s The Promised World
- Barbara Bretton, Laced with Magic
- The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells, and Sherrie, Carol and I will be at her book launch event next week, 7/14!
- While My Sister Sleeps by Barbara Delinsky (plus I want the top she’s wearing in her author photo)
- Alice Hoffman, The Story Sisters
- Luanne Rice, The Geometry of Sisters (whoa–are “sister” books the next big thing?)
- Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg
- new untitled books by the members of my writers’ group: Anjali Banerjee, Carol Cassella, Sheila Roberts, Suzanne Selfors, Elsa Watson
- Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani
- Don’t Tempt Me by Loretta Chase
- Russell Banks, The Reserve
- Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult
- Dark of Night by Suzanne Brockmann
- Re-read a classic – Peyton Place by Grace Metalious. Prepare to be surprised. It’s shockingly excellent. The prudish attitudes remind me of the…of the former administration.