I love giving gifts at holiday time. It’s a way to let people know you not only love them, but you know what they need. Here are a few things I give, time and time again, year in and year out. What about you? What’s the one gift that always brings a smile?
Separate from my list a great gift is a signed book by a favorite author—I know a few! Order a signed copy of The Oysterville Sewing Circle.
NOTE: None of these products or companies gave me anything for free or any other incentive to say nice things about them. These are just things I love and love to share.
- DO THIS IMMEDIATELY. Your cyber-challenged rellies will bless you for it: If you’ve given up on sending Christmas cards (we all have), get the Postagram app immediately. For $1-2 (postage included) you can send a gorgeous actual postcard in the mail in seconds, and it’ll feature a picture from your phone. https://sincerely.com/postagram
- A solar light to read by—get it from LittleSun because each purpose lights the world! https://littlesun.com/
- A way to prop up the book (or e-reader) that are holding you captive: https://www.booksamillion.com/p/Book-Seat-BrownEarth-BookIpadE-Reader/0858069003087
- A Bugzooka for the scary bugs in your life. This is best because you don’t need batteries and no smooshing.
- Kids’ adventure wear from J-stitch. Designed and made in America. Your kid can have a backpack vest or the superhero t-shirt featured in The Oysterville Sewing Circle.
- Moms need gifts too, super soft angora long underwear.
- Or for Mom, a full-length cashmere robe!
- Jcoco gourmet chocolate from Seattle Chocolates—they feed the world with every bar you buy.
- And the utterly addictive pecans from www.sweettasteoftexas.com
- Thirsty? You need this Coleman water bottle that will keep ice frozen (or coffee hot) for 10+ hours.
- A Kyocera ceramic knife. I’d never heard of such a thing and got one as a gift. As long as you don’t bang it around, it will be the sharpest knife in the drawer, way sharper than that $300 job you bought a few years ago.
- Have a glass of wine in this silly-fun Sempli wine glass. There’s a matching decanter, too.
- Or if you really want to treat someone, look for champagne flutes that match their decor. I have these groovy nautical ones that were gifted to me. Etsy.com is a great place to look for custom gifts.
- Dancing shoes that feel like sneakers from https://heylady.co/. I have several pair.
- For the reader… these ridiculous BOBS from Sketchers that don’t get soggy. Put your feet up and read!