signed first edition
June 06, 2016
It’s like finding a four-leafed clover–rare, and lucky. My very thoughtful publisher arranged for me to sign a very limited edition of just six thousand copies.
Why thoughtful? The logistics can get complicated.
- Six thousand blank pages are shipped to me. They filled three shipping boxes.
- I spend a month of evenings signing pages and binge-watching TV series. My binge-watching (the ones I’ll admit to, anyway): Nurse Jackie, House of Cards, The Americans, America’s Test Kitchen, 11-22-63, Confirmation, OJ Simpson.
- For me, the best pen for swift signing is this.
- Some of the pages get a feather stamp, because there’s a feather in my logo. (see above)
- Then I ship the signed pages back to the bindery. I included something sweet in the box and a thank-you note, because my mama raised me right.
- The bindery will insert the pages into the hardcover print edition.
- Et voila! The print edition is ready to pre-order from your friendly local (or maybe not so local) bookseller–Books-a-Million, Eagle Harbor Books, Barnes&Noble.