This is as yummy as it looks and ridiculously easy. You can blame my friend Suz. She has this recipe you can adapt to any fruit or flavoring. All you need is a little imagination and a spring-form or tart pan. If you do not have either of these, fie on you. Your life is not complete. I customized the recipe by placing pear slices in the bottom of the pan. After baking, brush the hot cake with ginger preserves, warmed in the microwave. Voila!
So print the recipe. You probably have all the ingredients on hand right now.
These came to me with no attribution. But they are well worth passing along.
ZEN LIFE TEACHINGS
1. Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me for the path is narrow. In fact, just piss off and leave me alone.
2. Sex is like air. It’s not that important unless you aren’t getting any.
3. No one is listening until you fart.
4. Always remember you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
6. If you think nobody cares whether you’re alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.
7. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
8. If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you.
9. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
10. If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably well worth it.
11. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
12. Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.
13. Don’t worry; it only seems kinky the first time.
14. Good judgment comes from bad experience and most of that comes from bad judgment.
15. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
16. There are two excellent theories for arguing with women. Neither one works.
17. Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your lips are moving.
18. Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
19. We are born naked, wet and hungry, and get slapped on our ass. Then things just keep getting worse.
This is Sonny. He is Barkis’s bestie. No special reason for posting; I was just organizing photos on my computer. Who doesn’t love a big goofy lab?
My grandmother, my mom, Elizabeth and me. Who could guess she would grow up and write a book of her own???