Making my list…
December 08, 2007
2007, like every other year, is the year of the book. Fully confident that none of my friends or family read my blog (really, they don’t), I’ll post a partial list of some of the books I’ve bought as gifts this year:
- Rabbit’s Gift by George Shannon. The ultimate pay-it-forward story, it is my pick for Picture Book of the Season.
- Ultimate Horse Barns by Randy Leffingwell. Bonus! This came signed by the author. Glorious coffee table book.
- On Strike for Christmas by you-know-who. The men take over the holiday preparations. Squeaky clean fun!
- Where Angels Go by Debbie Macomber–the annual Christmas tradition continues.
- The Edge of Winter by Luanne Rice. Nobody–but nobody–writes about the beach like Luanne.
- Street of a Thousand Blossoms by Gail Tsukiyama, signed by my sweet friend Gail.
- Rolling Paper Graphics. A curious art form, for sure.
- To Catch a Mermaid by Suzanne Selfors. A brilliant fantasy adventure for the middle-grade reader.
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer for the teenage nieces–the book every teen is reading.
- Grace in Thine Eyes by Liz Curtis Higgs. A stirring Scottish historical by a very special author.
- Manspace: A Primal Guide to Marking Your Territory. A decorating book for guys.
- Loving Frank by Nancy Horan. A novel with an interesting premise involving Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Manners by Kate Spade. I knew there was a reason I love this woman!
- Ya-yas in Bloom by Rebecca Wells. Warm, tender and nostalgic, and it ends with a Christmas pageant!
- Meeting God in Quiet Places: The Cotswold Parables by F. LaGard Smith is the ultimate comfort read.
- The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs. I bought this after listening to his podcast on Amazon.
- Leave Me Alone, I’m Reading by Maureen Corrigan. The book you need after all of the above.